Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009: A Year of Pictures

So today is the first of day of 2009.... like you needed me to tell you that. What you did need me to tell you was what I decided 2009 was going to mean for me. I am not one who makes New Years Resolutions, but this year I guess I jumped on the Resolution band wagon, sorta. So here is how it started, I am a gadget person. Thanks to Tom, Jonny and I have discovered woot.com which is this website that sells one item a day for a crazy deal. Recently, I "wooted" and purchased a digital frame. As I was deciding which pictures I wanted to see cycling in-and-out, day-to-day, I realized most of pictures were old, and of the dogs :) Like many times before when I review my photo collection, I realized I would enjoy it if I took more pictures. So that thought has been buzzing around my head for a while now. That's Part One of this story.

Now for Part 2: Jonny, Billy and I were in Best Buy on the 30th and I was once again bitten by the gadget bug. I decided it was time to buy a new digital camera (and it really was time, when I pulled out my old camera I found that I was the owner of a 3.2 megapixel dinasour!) I surveyed the camera section and then decided I would do some internet research. Today, I walked out of Best Buy the proud owner of a 8 megapixel Cannon PowerShot SD110 IS. So far, I love this little camera, which also takes video (plus!)

So the moral of this two-part story: I'm taking the phrase "looking fine in 2009" to a photojournalistic level and I am going to make a strong effort to document this year's memories through photography. If I don't start off too strong, at least I know I will have a chance in July to stick to my photographic guns! So here's to many great memories that can be captured on film in 2009!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! Mine is like my AMEX card. I don't leave home without it. You will have much to take pics of this year. However, you don't need to be the one taking them. You should be in everyone---YOU ARE THE BRIDE!!!!