Sunday, January 4, 2009

Random Ramblings

So, I don't know how many of you know this about me, but... I'm a random person. I can't tell you how many times Jonny and I are riding along in the car together and then, out of nowhere, I make a comment or ask a question, and Jonny just looks at me, with a very Jonny-esque look, which is always the same look, and states, "WHERE did THAT come from?" Believe me there is always a chain of thoughts, each one connected to the other, but often this chain occurs too rapidly to make it out in conversation, thus, when I arrive to the end statement and my mouth has caught up with my thoughts it comes, from seemingly no where. It normally happens like this: "thought x" is formed, creating a reaction which yields "thought y" which then triggers "thought z" and then "statement a" arrives in converstation. Sometimes, I will have "thoughts x-z" a think, "hmm. I'm gonna tell Jonny about this" so I'll call him or go into the next room where he is and I get the same aforementioned reaction.

So, I had one of these moments the last night, while I was in the bathroom at the Circle K in Ruston as Jonny and I were heading back from Jay and Katie Garcia's wedding reception. You know this one is gonna be good from the intro right? So here is the chain:

"Thought X" :
I am washing my hands in the very dirty, very typical public, gas station bathroom when I see the following sign:


which then triggered....

"Thought Y":
So the sign says that their "policy" is to keep the restroom clean, but this restroom is obviously NOT clean. The sign also says to notify and associate if the restroom is "unstatisfactory" so....

"Thought Z":
I wonder if anyone has ever notified the associate on duty about this. If so, what was that exchange like?? I wonder....

"Statement A":
"Hey Jonny, I was just in this REALLY nasty bathroom and I think I'm going to blog about it! I took pictures too!"

I am sure you can figure out what was next. And now you are caught up to real time. As I pondered this moment further I decided that this would make the perfect first segment of a possible reoccuring post at "Jonny on the Spot" entitled: Random Ramblings. After all, you know what they say, "If you can't say something that make sense, come sit next to me."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do that all the time! My Mom knows me well enough to usually figure out what my train of thought was but Will still has trouble. Here's one . . . Do you remember that sign we saw at the McDonalds on the way home from the Auburn Arkansas game?