Tuesday, January 26, 2010

WE'RE BBBBAAAACCCCKKKK!!!

So, you may have noticed a small, shall we say, absence from the Dent's in the blogging world. It's not our fault really.... I mean life was EXTREMELY crazy there for a while with all the wedding stuff and moving, then the holidays. However recently, I have thought about the blog and how I need to get back in the habit of posting something every once and a while. So here it is.

Today is Jonny's birthday. This is one of my most favorite days of the year. In part because I love birthdays. I love the celebration and the love. I love hearing from family and doing special things for that special someone. I love remembering that the wonderful gift of life was given to the birthday boy or girl for a special reason. But really, I love today because, 27 years ago it gave me Jonny. On his birthday, I will undoubtedly think about sweet Mrs. Cammie as a pregnant mom, carrying my future husband, unbeknown to us all. I think about his family and that environment that loved and cared for little-kid-Jonny to help shape him into the man he would become. I will also think of the years we spent not knowing each other and I am baffled by that fact, but then I ambrought back to the moment and I am glad that now that I will never have to experience that again. I love this day because it's the day that God brought him here to be love.

This year we celebrated first with a lunch date; I picked Jonny up from work and went to Corner Bakery (he picked that on his own!). Then I went and got his present and made him his favorite: Blueberry Pound Cake. For dinner we met at Fogo de Chao and we ate more meat than I care to admit :) My favorite part was when we got home. Since I was pretty sure Jonny knew what we was getting as his present, I had prepared a scavenger hunt for him to find it so there would be a little mystery. So here are the highlights:

When we came home, Jonny found his birthday card taped to the door. Inside of the birthday card was an envelope which read:

"Roses are red, Violets are blue,
but OH NO! Your birthday present is hiding from you!
So look for the clues and you are sure to find
A gift from me that is truly divine."


After following the clues which lead him from the sub-woofer, to the bookcase (specifically to one of his favorite books The Catcher in the Rye), to the bed, and finally to the drink fridge Jonny found his gift.....


So Happy Birthday my love! And may we be blessed with many, many more to come.

6 comments:

Candace said...

I LOVE this. Happy birthday, Jonny!
Enjoy your cage fighter. ;)

Love you both dearly.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for the Dent Blog! Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday brother! Amber I just want you to know, I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday! We were at Gran's house watching Scooby-Doo when we got the call that we now had a baby brother. After all these sisters I remember thinking, I'm not so sure about this.... Well, I am definitely glad I have a little brother!

Amber said...

Jennifer, Thanks for the story! I will probably see that scene in my head next year when I think about his day of birth.

Aidan's Place Granola said...

Love the new look, Amber! Well done!!!! :)

Candace said...

Oh... and that was me on Aidan's Place account. Hate it when that happens.